Sediment remediation is like a construction project on the water. It can involve large equipment, bright lights, and noise. Many projects even continue into the night and on weekends to speed up the process. Remediation can feel inconvenient, but a bit of patience results in a big payoff.
If a funded remediation project develops, stay safe with these watercraft rules of the road:
- Stay at least 100 feet away from any barges, machinery, or monitoring equipment.
- Do not pass moving barges or tugs and stay to the right.
- Pass stationary barges or tugs in a single file line with no wake.
- Move to the far side of the navigation channel and stop motion while barges or tugs pass.
- Do not stop near a barge or tug for any reason.